2020 CMS Summer Meeting – Call for Mini-Courses
- Initiating attendees to the subject of a novel scientific session, so as to broaden the scope of its audience and appeal; or
- Introducing attendees to a cutting-edge area of applied mathematics, for both research and professional interests; or
- Providing professional development opportunities and advice, particularly for graduate students and new PhDs.
The CMS 75th Anniversary Summer Meeting mini-courses will be held Friday, June 5th and Monday June 8th. Attendees will be charged a small registration fee.
Proposals should include:
- The names, affiliations, and contact information of the main organizers;
- A title and brief description of the focus and purpose of the mini-course, being particularly clear on how it meets one of the three objectives outlined above;
- A brief description of the anticipated mathematical background of the audience.
As the number of mini-courses is limited, please submit your proposal to the Scientific Directors (below) before February 29, 2020.
Ailana Fraser (University of British Columbia)
Monica Nevins (University of Ottawa)
Moteja Šajna (University of Ottawa)